Making Choices
My heart often goes out to the foreign maids who have to leave their kids behind back home and work in a foreign land. It must be the most heartbreaking decision they ever have to make.What would really drives a mother to leave behind her own beloved children and venture out to somewhere new? Poverty? For a better life?
Now, here I am, feeling a little like the foreign maid, albeit a very old one (but still struggling to stay young!)
I have reached that point in life (at least my working life) where I either stay where I am and play dead or DROP dead. There seem to be no chance of ever reaching for another star. Moreover, there ain't not many stars out here anymore. It is stifling, demoralising, and damn depressing!
So, if a big bright star comes abading from afar, it is certainly real tempting, isn't it? It is also a real ego-booster!
Trouble is, this comes at a very high price! To reach for this star, sacrifices have to be made. Maybe, to romantice this a little, it feels more like "Chang Er" leaving behind her precious earthlings to reach for the moon!
So how, how how??? Only God Knows!
Aiyah, I think I ll be an ostrich for a while and leave things to take its natural course.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home