One Big Gorilla
Never knew I would enjoy the movie "King Kong" so much.I wasn't too keen to watch the movie in the beginning coz I did not like the earlier version. To me, the movie was all about one big hairy beast and a silly damsel in distress always screaming like crazy. I can't stand "damsel in distress" and I guess I can never be one (don't know how to scream???). That's why I never get to attract any macho hero (nor gorilla) but wimps instead! Sigh!!!
I must say, this newer version of King Kong is quite a character - he fights like a man, play silly like a man and he sulks like a man too. Yah, yah, name me a man who isn't silly and doesn't sulk.
Ummm.... maybe Lee Kuan Yew is one of the rare few who is not silly.
However, I still didn't quite like the underlying message that the downfall of a man or gorilla, is all because of a beautiful woman. Why do man always like to blame it on the woman??? Huh???
I guess, it all traces back to the time of Adam & Eve....
Come on, let's be honest, man falls because they are weak. Weak enough to fall for a beautiful woman. Weak enough to be tempted. It's not a woman's fault to be beautiful, right?
Anyway, back to our Mr Kong. This guy sure got one soulful pair of eyes. Kudos to the IT or animation guy. (Must be created by one of those SNAG.) Though Mr Kong is quite handicapped in the area of speech, I must say he speaks volume with his eyes (and of course, he chest-thumping). Well, looks like we now have ourselves a Sensitive New Age Gorilla!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home