Background for Marriage
Read this interesting article by Dr James Dobson.There are 3 major family characteristics that seem to increase the chances of having a good marriage.
1st - the happiness of your parents (if your parents stayed together and were reasonably happy, you've got a pretty good example to follow.) - However, if one dies, that doesn't count right???
2nd - your own happiness as a child. (good childhood gives you a sense of yourself; a sense of security that enables you to be flexible in the way you relates to others) - come on, kiddo, be happy, don't worry....
3rd - a lack of conflict with you mother (TOTALLY agreed!) - now you kids out there, listen to your momma and be NICE, ok.
If you find that your background is lacking in any of these areas, that doesn't mean you've lost your chance for a good marriage, but it does mean that you've got some additional hurdles ahead of you.
Shit.... wish I was that smart and sensible years ago....not that I am any smarter now... : ( ... ouch!
Never mind, at least I can now be on the look out for my own kids. Yah, you bet!
Didn't I just said, listen to your momma, no conflict, right? Momma is always right, ur-hmmm.!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home